A highly structured, but pragmatic approach to service management
The benefits of effective service management can be massive for an organisation, but it is easy to under-estimate the amount of effort required. It’s also important to avoid over-engineering a solution and the costs involved. That’s why we balance a “bottom up” attack on the key issues areas with the practical and selective adoption of a “top down” framework such as ITIL, COBIT or CMMI.
“CloudTalent has helped me successfully start and execute several infrastructure projects over the years. However one of the main reasons I am happy to refer CloudTalent is that they know when to leave versus trying to continually outstay their welcome as many other consultancies do.”
An accurate and revealing assessment of service management maturity
We take a highly structured, but pragmatic approach to service management and service delivery. Typically we start with an assessment of our client’s service management maturity, a thorough investigation using our streamlined “Line of Sight” methodology including assessments of:
- User and customer satisfaction
- Service availability
- Management and usage
- Time to market for new products and services
- Decision making speed and accuracy
- Identifying costs to risks
Example work packets for our engagements
Our service management engagements may contain separate work packets on:
- Your service portfolio – the services currently provided and their perceived value.
- Service strategy – including customers’ needs, desired outcomes and values.
- Service design – including architectures, processes, policies and documentation.
- Service transition – the development of capabilities, transitioning new and changed services into operations.
- Service catalogue – a single central and consistent source of information on your IT services. Service operation – guidance on proven approaches to service efficiency.
- Continuous service improvement – linking improvement actions and outcomes with service strategy.
- Systems management tools consolidation – application of our ”Line of Sight” methodology to ensure you select the right tools for your business.
- Service mapping – identification of the service components and their relationships
- We use our unique “big picture” approach to stakeholder engagement, based on workshops and custom A0 infographics to gains consensus and bring everyone on the journey.
- Our streamlined processes are 14 years in the making – they are extremely efficient and have proven to work.
- We have one of the largest associate networks – a unique mix of senior IT executives, technical experts and consultants – people with scarce skills, executives who have “walked in your shoes”.
- We have saved our clients millions of pounds, euros and dollars – making a substantial impact for some of the world’s most prestigious businesses.